This chicken is delicious in tacos, and then I used the leftovers for taco salad the next day. Chicken would also work great for burritos.
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 c. Herdez mild or medium salsa verde
- 1/3-1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Latuda 40 mg for dogs side effects Directions:
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients . Cook on HIGH for 2-4 hours or on LOW for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before shredding (there will be a lot of liquid remaining).
- Return shredded chicken and let cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes to absorb some of the liquid/juices. Drain excess liquid before serving or use tongs to remove shredded chicken. Taste and add more honey for sweeter, lime for more tang.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken: