This chowder is quite tasty. It’s vegetarian, which is nice. Most chowder recipes have bacon or ham hock in it for flavor, so it was nice to find a recipe without those ingredients. This chowder had lots of flavor too.
This recipe comes from The New Vegetarian Grill cookbook.
buy Lyrica canada pharmacy Ingredients:
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 c. water or more to cover potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 red pepper, halved
- 1 green pepper, halved
- 2 green chiles (2 poblanos or 1 poblano and 1 jalapeno or 1 poblano and 1 anaheim)
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to test
- Prepare grill
- Combine potatoes and water in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil until the potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside; do not drain.
- Combine garlic, cumin, and oil in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on the corn, bell peppers, and chiles.
- Grill the corn, bell peppers, and chiles, turning occasionally, until tender and grill marked about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the corn from the cobs and add to the pot with potatoes. Remove the outer skins from all peppers and dice, then add to potatoes. Stir in the milk and cilantro. Simmer over medium heat until the flavors have blended, at least 15 minutes; do not allow the soup to boil.
- Use an immersion blender and puree. Season with salt and add more cilantro if desired. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.