Oh my, this is so delicious and so easy…definitely company worthy. The chicken is so moist and flavorful! We had leftover pasta (no chicken…it was all devoured), so on another night I reheated the pasta and cooked up some chicken sausage to go along with it. I cooked up some additional sauce to go along with the leftovers…great 2 meal dinner!
- 12 oz. bow-tie pasta
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 16 – 24 oz. skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- salt to taste
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, if desired
- 1/2 c. ricotta
- 1 c. mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- Extra cheeses and basil for serving
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and 1 TBSP of Italian seasoning. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add onions and garlic to the same skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add broth, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen the bits. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to let the broth reduce.
- Add marinara sauce, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes (if using), then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, cooked and drained pasta, and basil. Add the cooked chicken on top. Toss to combine, then add more of any of the above ingredients until the sauce is just how you like it.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a little basil on top.
Skillet Italian Chicken and Pasta: