Adapted from Domestic Super Hero.
- 2 blocks of tofu to make Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 large red pepper, cut into large bite sizes
- 1 large yellow or orange pepper, cut into large bite sizes
- 1 onion, cut into large bite sizes
- 16 oz. can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2/3 c. sugar
- Reserved pineapple juice
- 2 TBSP sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 TBSP cold water
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- Make Crispy Baked Tofu.
- Slice peppers and onion into large bite size pieces.
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Chop green onions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat; then add peppers, onion (not the green onions) and pineapple. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes, or until onions start to soften. When done, transfer to a bowl.
- In the saute pan you used for the veggies, heat over medium heat and then combine garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar, water, sweet chili sauce, pineapple juice and salt. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- In a small bowl stir together the cold water and corn starch. When sauce comes to a boil, add the corn starch mixture to the sauce. Stir constantly until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Plate: add the rice, then add the tofu, and then top with the sauce and add the green onions.
Sweet Fire Tofu: