These cupcakes are so decadently delicious! The recipe comes from Taste of Home Cake Mix Treats, and if you love chocolate and peanut butter you’ll love these cupcakes!!!!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 c. peanut butter
- Additional peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil, and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full. Place peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake. Cover each with 1 TBSP batter.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Spread over cupcakes; immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups. Let stand until set.
****Don’t use reduced fat or generic brands of peanut butter.
Â Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes: