Recipe adapted from Modern Honey.
- 1Â c. cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2Â c. sugar
- 2Â eggs
- 1Â tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 1/2Â TBSPÂ lemon juice
- 3Â c. flour
- 1 1/4Â tsp. baking powder
- 1/4Â tsp. baking soda
- 1/2Â tsp. salt
- Sparkling crunchy sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Drop dough onto light colored baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Lemon Sugar Cookies: