Months ago Martin Yan came to our town and the cafeteria at -s’s work turned into a Martin Yan Feast for lunch. We went to taste all the yummies, and I fell in love with the lettuce cups. After talking to Martin Yan, he told us the lettuce cup recipe is in his Quick and Easy cookbook. Of course I just had to have that cookbook! These lettuce cups are delicious!
Note: -s loved the lettuce cups too, and after finishing his lunch at the cafeteria, I told him that there were mushrooms in the dish. He didn’t believe me, so when I got the cookbook I showed him the recipe, and sure enough there were mushrooms! Because he liked the dish with the mushrooms in it, he said if I put mushrooms in it, he would eat it! YEAH!!!
Misoprostol no prescription overnight delivery Ingredients:
- 4 dried black mushrooms (I used shitake)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. Chinese rice wine
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 c. water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Iceberg Lettuce cups
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- In a small combine the mushrooms in warm water, cover and soak for about 15 minutes. Drain and discard stems; then coarsely chop.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, cornstarch, and rice wine and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Make sauce by combining all sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside
- Heat skillet over medium high heat, until hot. Add the oil; then add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the turkey mixture and stir-fry until crumbly and no longer pink. Add the bell pepper, water chestnuts, and mushrooms, and stir-fry until the pepper is soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Assemble: In a lettuce cup and the turkey mixture then top with sauce or put sauce on the lettuce and top with turkey mixture.
Martin Yan’s Lettuce Cups: