For the next 10 weeks, our daughter’s swim lesson is Thursday evenings, which kind of puts a crimp on dinner preparations. So I decided that every Thursday I’m going to try a new crock pot recipe so that dinner is hot, ready, and waiting for us to return home and eat. This week’s recipe is macaroni and cheese from Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes. I followed the recipe exactly and it was awful! So bad that we didn’t eat it and we ended up having scrambled eggs for dinner. The cheese and evaporated milk curdled, so it was like eating pasta with cottage cheese. The texture was just wrong and gross!
Our oldest kept saying “this dinner is ucky. This dinner doesn’t taste good.” Needless to say we will NEVER have this again.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 4 c. evaporated milk
- 6 c. cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Tillamook Sharp Cheddar)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pasta with butter. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray, and place pasta mixture in the crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese: