I discovered I had a freezer full of peaches that I needed to use up, which worked out great for my “research” finding the best pie crust! I didn’t have quite enough peaches so I threw in some blueberries. I love almond extract with the peaches….so good!
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking.
neomercazole avis Ingredients:
- Recipe of No Fail Pie Crust
- 5-7 c. ripe but firm peaches (add other fruit like blueberries if you don’t have enough)
- 1 lemon, juiced(about 3 TBSP)
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 c. sugar (depending on how sweet the peaches are…start with a 1/2, taste, and add more if necessary)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 TBSP butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 TBSP sugar for sprinkling top
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Peel and cut the peaches into 1/4-inch thick slices (you should have about 7 cups) and toss with the lemon juice and almond extract in a large bowl. Whisk the flour, sugar, and salt in another bowl, making sure there are no lumps. Stir the flour mixture into the peaches and mix well. Let the filling stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour the filling into the bottom crust and dot with the pieces of butter. Top with the crust. Crimp the edges to seal; then cut a few slits in the top crust for steam to escape; then sprinkle top of crust with sugar.
- Put pie plate on a baking dish to catch the drips; then place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400*, then reduce the oven temperature to 350* and bake 30 minutes longer, or until thick juices are bubbling through the vents in the crust. If crust gets too dark, place foil around the edges and continue cooking. Cool completely (or almost completely) on a rack.