This chicken is so flavorful! Carlsbad Cravings calls it Mongolian chicken, but I definitely get teriyaki vibes. Would make a delicious filling for teriyaki tacos (tortillas, pineapple salsa, and maybe some cabbage)!
Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings
canadian pharmacy no prescription cytotec Ingredients:
- 1.5-2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 4 TBSP Asian sweet chili sauce
- 2 TBSP sweet Japanese rice wine (or dry Sherry)
- 1 TBSP hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 1.5 TBSP cornstarch
- Serve over rice and with broccoli
- Add chicken to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce through the Sriracha and pour 1/2 c. over chicken. Refrigerate the rest of the sauce. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- When chicken is tender, remove to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes and then shred.
- After you remove the chicken from the slow cooker, place your cooker insert (if insert is stovetop cooking approved, otherwise remove sauce from cooker and place in a small saucepan) on your stovetop over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the 1.5 TBSP of cornstarch to the remaining sauce from the refrigerator and add to the sauce on the stove. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until thickened. Add shredded chicken back to slow cooker along with thickened sauce. Toss to combine.
- Let cook an additional 30 minutes (can add broccoli for the last 30 minutes, if desired) on LOW to absorb sauce. Add salt to taste. Add additional Asian sweet chili sauce for more sweet heat, Sriracha for spicier, brown sugar for sweeter if desired. Serve over rice.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken: