- 2 c. jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained
- 2 c. water
- 2 TBSP sesame oil, divided, plus additional as necessary
- 1 lb. chicken, diced (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP soy sauce
- 10 oz. bag frozen peas and carrots
- 10 oz. bag frozen corn
- 10 oz. bag broccoli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a strainer, rinse the rice thoroughly for 90 seconds; then add the rinsed and drained rice to the Instant Pot and add 2 c. of water and give it a stir. Secure the lid, and cook on manual for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, allow natural release for 10 minutes, followed by quick release and fluffing the rice with fork (or leave lid on until ready to assemble fried rice).
- Cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave, but undercook them by about 1 minute as they will continue to cook in the fried rice.
- If adding chicken: In a large skillet heat sesame oil, and saute chicken until done and put cooked chicken in a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP sesame oil and then add the onion and saute for a couple of minutes. Remove onions from skillet and put in a bowl.
- In the skillet, heat remaining 1 TBSP sesame oil and scramble the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff the rice in the instant pot and add the butter and stir until butter is melted; then add the soy sauce and stir to combine; then add the chicken, if using, and stir to combine; then add the cooked vegetables and stir to combine, and then add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning: add sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and/or butter.
Hibachi Fried Rice: