Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- I recipe of Mexican Chicken.
- 4-6 large flour tortillas
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Cheesy Green Chili Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 c. chicken broth, warmed
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 4 oz. can mild chopped green chilies, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare Mexican chicken per recipe and drain the excess liquid.
- For each tortilla add 1/2 c. (or more) of the Mexican chicken and desired amount of cheese, and roll the tortillas up.
- Toast the burritos on a skillet.
- Prepare Sauce by melting butter in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low then gradually whisk in chicken broth. Add spices and bring to a simmer while stirring until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in green chilies, cheese until melted then sour cream.
- Top burritos with sauce.
Cheesy Green Chili Smothered Chicken Burritos: