Adapted from Half Baked Harvest.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2-3 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
- 6 c. mixed leafy greens or Romaine lettuce
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- Roasted corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- crushed tortilla chips or strips
Baja Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. mayo, optional
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 jalapeño, seeded if desired
- 1 TBSP pickled jalapenos with juice, to taste
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh chives, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chipotle chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients except the chives in a blender and pulse or food processor until mostly smooth. Stir in the chives. Dressing will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, black beans, tomatoes, roasted corn, avocado, and mango. Top the salad with the taco meat and then drizzle with the dressing. Toss to combine and then top with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Taco Salad with Baja Lime Dressing: