Boy do I love finding a crockpot dish that is delicious and loved by all! Makes for an easy dinner on busy weeknights.
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅔ c. honey barbecue sauce
- ⅔ c. apricot preserves
- ½ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP minced fresh ginger root (the ginger root paste is super quick and handy for this)
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- In a large gallon sized bag, place the flour inside. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place the flour coated chicken in the bottom.
- In a large bowl, combing barbecue sauce, apricot preserves, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper flakes, and leftover flour from the bag used to coat the chicken. Pour over the top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. Serve over rice.