Homemade applesauce makes the house smell like fall, and it is so easy and so delicious! The kiddos devoured their applesauce, and we’ll definitely make this up again.
- 10 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. sugar + more as needed
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Place apple slices in food processor in batches and process until the apples are in small pieces (or use your peeler, corer, slicer handy appliance); then put apples in Crockpot.
- Add sugar, water and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Taste and add more sugar, if needed. (if you use your peeler, corer, slicer handy appliance, take a potato masher to mash the top layer of apples as the under the layers will have already broken apart).