Mongolian beef in the Crockpot….so good. Everyone loved it, and even my pickiest eater had seconds! I love that this recipe actually calls for a long cooking time and that it actually benefits from the long cooking time.
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. stew meat
- 1 TBSP minced garlic (jarred)
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger (paste)
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c. (1/4 c. Splenda) brown sugar
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- Mix garlic through cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add onions to the bottom of the Crockpot; then add the olive oil; then add the meat; and then pour the sauce over the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with white rice.