This Crockpot orange chicken recipe is so tasty. I think when cooking chicken in the Crockpot it tastes better to first coat the chicken in flour and brown it in a skillet before adding to the Crockpot. The texture of the chicken is better, and the flour acts as a thickening agent for the sauce. A definite kid approved meal.
- 3-4 (1.5 – 2 lbs) boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
- 1/3 cup flour
- olive oil
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBSP ketchup
- 4 TBSP (2 TBSP Splenda) brown sugar
- 1/2 T salt
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice through ginger. Set aside.
- Pour the flour in a small bowl. Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off the excess. Over medium heat, warm up the olive oil in a skillet. Brown the flour covered chicken.
- Place the chicken into the Crockpot and pour sauce mixture on top. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
Crockpot Orange Chicken: