This muffin recipe is so darn good. The original recipe is vegan but I use milk instead of nondairy milk, and I also use a dairy based light margarine. But if you want to make it vegan go right ahead. Everyone loves these muffins!!!
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. light country crock margarine
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*; line muffin pan with baking cups and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugars; then add the bananas, vanilla, milk mixture, and pineapple.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet; then mix in chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter in the muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes (if making a loaf instead, bake for 60-70 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool slightly; then remove muffins and let cool on a cooling rack (if making a loaf, remove the pan from the oven and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes; then transfer the bread from the pan to the rack and let cool completely before slicing-preferably overnight).
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: