There is absolutely no frying involved in this recipe…it is so easy….and so delicious. It’s definitely a healthier version of traditional chicken parmesan and no one misses the hassle or the extra calories of the traditional version. The croutons give this dish the breading of the traditional version, and since I use fat free croutons, none of the guilt. The kiddos devoured this meal!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 (3-oz.) package fat free croutons, divided
- 1 jar of pasta sauce, divided
- 1/4 c. chopped basil
- 8 oz. mozzarella, shredded , divided
- 4 oz. Parmesan, grated , divided
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a 9 x 13 pan, add olive oil and garlic; then add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and ½ tsp. of Italian seasoning. Crush ½ of the croutons and sprinkle over chicken; then cover chicken with 2/3 of the jar of sauce. Add remaining Italian seasoning and chopped basil. Then add 4 oz. of shredded mozzarella and 2 oz. of grated Parmesan; then spread remaining sauce over the cheese. Top with remaining croutons and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until done.
Baked Chicken Parmesan: