We had some friends over the other night for taco/nacho bar, and TT (9 yo) wanted to make a salsa, so he researched online and printed out a recipe. We adapted the recipe to what we had on hand, and it was so good, and we’ll definitely make this one again. This recipe makes a lot of salsa, so you might want to halve the recipe.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined and the salsa is at a consistency you like.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.