This quinoa salad was a big hit (even the kids liked it!) and a crowd pleaser. Recipe is adapted from the July/August 2013 Splash magazine.
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa
- 2 c. water
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 c. cucumber, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta
- 20 kalamata olives (optional)
- Bring water to boil; then add the dry quinoa. Place lid on pot and reduce heat to a simmer and heat for 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- Combine shallots through salt and pepper with the cooled quinoa. Top with feta and olives.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad: