This chili is so delicious. It can be made completely on the stove or once assembled it can be simmered away in the crock pot. I used my crock pot, and this chili is awesome. It is thick and hearty and delicious. I used ground turkey, but you could certainly use ground chicken or beef.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 TBSP chili powder (I used 1 TBSP chili powder and 1 TBSP ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 TBSP tomato paste
- 5-6 dark chocolate Hershey kisses
- 3 (14-oz.) cans of chili ready tomatoes diced tomatoes (2 cans fire roasted tomatoes and 1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes)
- 1 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. water
- Top with shredded cheese
- Sauté chopped onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add turkey, chili powder and cumin, cooking for 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Then add the tomato paste, and cook 2 minutes. Add chocolate, tomatoes, beans and water, stir to combine.
- Stove top recipe: Bring mixture to a boil and cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese.
- Crock pot recipe: add everything to your crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours (more time won’t hurt it) or on low for 4 hours (more time won’t hurt it). Top with shredded cheese.
Crock Pot Turkey Chili: