This is a very easy and very tasty pasta salad…even -s and TT ate it up. I think next time I’ll do without the cheddar and jack cheese and instead try feta for an extra punch.
Adapted from a recipe by Rachel Griffith.
- 2 bottles light Italian dressing
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large sized cucumber, chopped
- 1 large green, red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. pepper jack cheese, cubed
- You could also add olives, artichoke hearts, feta instead of the other cheeses etc.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- Meanwhile chop veggies and cheese and put in a large bowl; then add one bottle of salad dressing. Allow veggies and cheese to marinate.
- When pasta is done, drain it and rinse it with cold water, then dump a bunch of ice cubes on the pasta to stop the cooking process and help it cool quickly.
- Once pasta is completely cool, add to veggie mixture; toss to coat and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
- Before serving, toss pasta salad, and add more dressing, if desired.