We had short ribs for dinner tonight, and I needed a quick side dish to go with it. This salad came out so delicious, and I will definitely make this one again!
- 1 c. whole wheat cous cous
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. English cucumber, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 /2 of an orange, yellow, red, or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. artichoke hearts
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. fresh herbs, minced (I used mint and basil)
- In a covered saucepan, bring cous cous, water, olive oil, and salt to a boil; then turn off heat and keep on burner for 5 to 7 minutes. After 7 or so minutes fluff cous cous with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes through lemon juice in a bowl; then add the cous cous, and toss to combine; then add the feta cheese and herbs and toss once again. Taste and correct seasoning, if necessary.
Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad: