This soup is so hearty and so yummy, and both kiddos liked it a lot…major accomplishment! It’s an extremely tasty crock pot meal and it’s so easy…definitely company worthy!
You can leave the chicken out and stir in some leftover chicken just before serving and then continue cooking to heat chicken through.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk (I used 2% because that’s what I had)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- Tortilla chips
- Lime, quartered
- Shredded cheese
- Chipotle sour cream (sour cream mixed with chopped chipotles)
- Avocado, diced
- Combine black beans through salt in your slow cooker. Mix to combine; then add the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Place some tortilla chips into a bowl and ladle soup on top of the chips, squeeze a lime quarter into each bowl of soup, top with cheese, sour cream and avocado.
Chicken Enchilada Soup: