I just love huevos rancheros. I’ll eat them for any meal, and this recipe is so easy to make!
- 1 small can (10 oz) of red enchilada sauce
- 1 small can (10 oz) of diced tomatoes with chiles (such as Rotel)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro, divided
- Refried beans
- Sauce: combine enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes with chiles, and lime juice in a saucepan. Simmer until ready to serve. Just before serving add 1/4 c. cilantro and mix to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add some butter and cook your eggs. I prefer over easy, but you could certainly use scrambled eggs or any type of eggs you like.
- Heat refried beans.
- Assembly: take a tortilla, spread some refried beans on top, add your eggs, ladle sauce over eggs, and sprinkle with cilantro.