Not a great picture, but are there really any good pictures of Indian curry dishes? Despite the picture, this is an excellent Indian inspired crock pot beef curry. I don’t say this often, especially with regards to a crock pot meal, but this dish is company worthy…especially if the company loves a deliciously spicy (or not if you choose not to add the spice) curry.
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch pieces of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper (or less if desired)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb. very lean stew meat
- 1 c. peas
- Hot rice, peanuts, and cilantro
- Combine coconut milk through salt in the crock pot; then add onion, potatoes, and stew meat and toss to coat.
- Cook on Low for 4 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add cooked peas.
- Serve over rice and garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
Coconut Beef Curry: