-s loves oatmeal scotchies. He whipped up a batch this afternoon, and the cookies are delicious, with the added bonus of making the house smell heavenly…kind of like one of those really yummy smelling candles. The recipe is courtesy of Nestle.
***If you are making a double recipe do one recipe at a time, because there is too much dough for the mixer to handle a double all at once***
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 c. (11 oz package) butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies; 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.