This cornbread stuffing can be made in the oven or in the crockpot, and it tastes really yummy. This recipe is adapted from the crockpot lady. It reminds me a lot of my family’s stuffing recipe.
- 1 recipe of cornbread
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 – 4 c. chicken broth (add more if like wetter stuffing, and can add an additional 1/4 after it finishes cooking if you like wetter stuffing)
- Preheat oven to 300. Cut cornbread and bread into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the cornbread and bread are toasty and dry.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add the butter. After butter is melted add celery and onion and cook until veggies are soft, about 10 minutes. Then add the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Place toasted cornbread and bread into a large bowl, add veggie mixture, eggs, and broth; toss to combine.
- Spray a large baking dish (9 x 13) with cooking spray and add stuffing.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes (take foil off toward the end to brown), or until top is browned and cooked through.