My kiddos went wild over these easy festive treats, and I believe we’ve started a new family tradition!
- 3 TBSP butter
- orange food coloring (or mix red and yellow food coloring)
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 6 c. rice krispies
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; add food coloring to desired color; then add marshmallows. You may want to add more food coloring once the marshmallows are melted.
- Place the rice krispies in a large bowl. Pour the melted marshmallows over the rice krispies and toss to combine.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray. Dump rice krispies mixture onto foil. Take a sheet of wax paper and spray it with cooking spray; then cooking spray side down press rice krispies mixture so that the entire pan has a thin layer of mixture, about 1/4 inch thick. Let set for a few hours.
- With Halloween cookie cutters, cut out your shapes and decorate.
Halloween Rice Krispies Treats: