What is one to do with left over flank steak with lime marinade? Why turn the page of Great Food Fast, and there it is…Vietnamese Steak Sandwiches. The only thing I would do differently next time is make more of the sauce, because the sandwich was a bit dry with the sauce amount in the recipe. Sauce recipe below is for twice the amount as printed in the original recipe.
This sandwich is super tasty!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sliced flank steak
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, sugar, red pepper flakes, and vinegar.
- In another bowl, toss together the carrots, green onions, and cilantro leaves. Toss with half the vinegar mixture.
- Split and lightly toast the rolls, add carrot mixture and sliced steak; then drizzle with the sauce.
Vietnamese Steak Sandwiches: