I adapted this recipe from a recipe in Great Food Fast. I have found the longer you marinate flank steak the better it tastes. (The second time I made this I marinated it for 8 hours, and it was absolutely delicious). I’m sure the steak would still be delicious if you marinate it for the 30 minutes, but if you have the time, marinate for longer.
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- In a zip loc bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and red pepper. Add the steak and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes (longer if you can-the second time I made this I marinated it for 8 hours, and it was absolutely delicious).
- Heat grill. Remove steak from the bag and discard marinade. Cook, turning once, until desired tenderness–6 to 8 minutes for medium rare.
Flank Steak with Lime Marinade: