I had some red peppers that needed to get used up, and it was a Thursday, so I needed a crock pot dinner. The recipe below is my version of a recipe I came across. It was pretty good, and one that I will make again when we are in need of a tasty crock pot dinner, especially since the kiddos liked the chicken (albeit dipped in ketchup).
- cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thick (I used 2 reds, but use what you like)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thick
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. corn starch
- 1 c. pineapple juice (juice from one large can)
- 1/4 rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pineapple chunks from large can
- hot rice
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Place onions, peppers, and chicken in crock pot. In a small bowl combine brown sugar through salt, and mix well. Pour over chicken, onions, and peppers.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, take lid off and stir in pineapple and cook until pineapple is warmed, a few minutes.
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken: