It’s Thursday, which means it is time for another crock pot recipe. I came across this recipe that only had the chicken, beans, salsa, corn, and cream cheese. I added the spices, which I think added quite a bit of flavor. It was pretty good. Our oldest really liked it (minus the corn), but our youngest wouldn’t touch it (I don’t think she was too hungry because after eating watermelon, she didn’t ask for anything else.)
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, but into bite size pieces
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa (I used the Taco Bell mild salsa, because that’s what the kids picked out)
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- Steamed rice
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray. Add chicken through chili powder, stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and add cream cheese; then recover and let cream cheese heat through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Chicken with Creamy Black Beans: