One of -s’s coworkers requested that we make the grand prize 2008 Pillsbury bake-off recipe: double-delight peanut butter cookies.
I thought they tasted very good. They are kind of a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a snickerdoodle. -s didn’t really care for them too much, but our daughter LOVES them.
I found them to be a bit labor intensive…first you roll the peanut butter into balls, then cut the cookie dough, then put the cookie dough around the peanut butter balls, then roll again, then roll in sugar mixture then flatter with a glass…repeat 24 times.
- 1/4 c. dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 roll (16.5 oz.) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, well chilled.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
- Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies: