I love cooking Asian food, and I do believe this was my first attempt at Korean inspired cuisine. It was so delicious, and the ENTIRE family not only ate it but LOVED it! I found the beef recipe at recipezaar and the salad recipe is from the June 2007 issue of Cooking Light.
Korean Beef BBQ Ingredients:
- 1 lb. sirloin, cut into thin strips (1/16 of an inch…or as close as you can get it)
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP mirin (rice wine)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- Lettuce leaves
- Jasmine Rice
- Place the beef in the freezer for about an hour before you want to use it. This will allow you to cut the meat thinly.
- In a ziploc bag, combine the meat through 1 tsp. sesame oil, and marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of sesame oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Remove meat from marinade, discard marinade, and add meat to the skillet and saute until done.
- Take a lettuce leaf, add some rice, then add the meat and enjoy!
Korean Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- 3 1/2 c. English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 TBSP green onions
- 1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix. Serve chilled.
- Tastes excellent on the side or even add it on top of the Korean Beef BBQ—great flavor addition!
Korean Beef BBQ:
Korean Cucumber Salad: