This afternoon I had an urge to make some cookies. I looked in the pantry to see what I had on hand, and I came up with the most delicious recipe. The base recipe is Quaker’s Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but instead of raisins, I added coconut and white chocolate chips. I also cooked the cookies longer to get a much more crispy cookie. These were a hit!
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 c. grated coconut
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter with the brown and white sugars in an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
- Add the oats, coconut, and white chocolate, and combine.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool one minute on cookie sheet and then remove cookies and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Coconut White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: