We love making homemade pizza, and we’ve started experimenting with our toppings. This pesto pizza is delicious. Either use homemade pesto or store bought pesto. If you use store bought pesto, when you open the container do not stir the oil into the pesto. Remove the oil, so you can get to the basil goodness bellow the oil (if you stir the oil into the pesto, the pesto will be too oily as a sauce base for your pizza).
- Pizza dough
- Pesto (you’ll probably only use a few Tablespoons–don’t use too much)
- 1/2 to 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 c. roma, grape, or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 500 (or as high as it goes). Roll out your dough. Spread the pesto, top with cheese, and tomatoes. Using a pastry brush, brush the crush with olive oil.
- Bake for 6 or 7 minutes on a pizza stone, or until done. Top with fresh basil.