I found this recipe on the Closet Cooking food blog. Since I live orange and chocolate together I knew I had to give these a try, and they didn’t disappoint.
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 Green and Blacks Maya Gold chocolate bars, divided
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt the butter and one Maya Gold chocolate bar in a sauce pan and remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange juice and orange zest.
- Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Chunk the remaining chocolate bar and stir it in.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes–mine actually took closer to 45 minutes.
Mayan Orange Brownies: