Andy and Jen made this potato salad to accompany the Fish with Roasted Grape Tomatoes. This potato salad was also very tasty.
- 2 lbs. purple and/or white fingerling potatoes, scrubbed (I just used Yukon gold, but the fingerlings are definitely worth using)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 c. chopped mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, chives, garlic chives, thyme, parsley, mint and summer savory leaves (I used basil)
- salt, to taste
- Mustard shallot vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large pot simmer potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes, and drain in a large colander.
- In a large saucepan cook beans in 3 inches salted boiling water over high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. With tongs or a slotted spoon transfer beans to colander with potatoes and drain well.
- In a large bowl toss together warm potatoes, beans, herbs, dressing and salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature
Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 TBSP. Dijon-style mustard
- 3 TBSP. finely chopped shallots
- Salt (I used 1/2 tsp.) and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 3/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients except the oil. Slowly add the oil in a stream.
Green Bean and Potato Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette: