I love homemade cranberry sauce, and rather than go the traditional route, we opted to make a cranberry sauce with a kick. It was delicious, and our 2 year old loved it!
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. liquid (juice one orange and add enough water to make 1 c.)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 serrano, membranes and seeds removed
- Zest the orange and mince the serrano.
Juice the orange and add water so there’s 1 c. of liquid.
- Bring liquid and sugar to a boil. When it comes to a boil add cranberries. Bring back to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the zest and the serrano.
- Transfer sauce to a covered dish and allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
Cranberry Sauce with a Kick: