We were sitting at the car dealership on Saturday waiting for the car to be fixed and the food network was on and showing Paula’s Home Cooking. While many of her dishes sound yummy, I don’t usually cook her food, mainly because they are usually not exactly good for you. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars I couldn’t pass up, and they didn’t disappoint! Very delicious, and I made -s bring them to work to share with his co-workers so we wouldn’t eat them all!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of graham crackers)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Angeles City Directions:
- Line a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put 1 sleeve of graham crackers in food processor and blitz; then addÂ the butter, peanut butter, and sugar. Process until the mixture forms a ball. Press into the foil-lined pan using your hands or a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water or in a microwave-safe glass dish in the microwave for 1 minute on high (100%). Stir. If the chocolate has not completely melted, microwave for 10 seconds more, then stir. Spread evenly over the cookie layer with a spatula. Chill for several hours.
- When ready to serve, allow the candy to come to room temperature before cutting into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars: