Here’s another recipe from those recipe cards at the grocery store. This recipe has great promise, the flavors are really great, but next time we will substitute sour cream for the mayo…neither of us cared much for the mayo flavor. We served the tartar sauce over some wonderful rockfish fillets, but this sauce would make an awesome sauce for baja fish tacos!
- 1/2 lb. tomatillos (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we’ll use sour cream next time)
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (we used 1)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Remove husks from tomatillos and rinse well; finely chop to make 1 cup tomatillos.
- Stir together tomatillos, mayonnaise/sour cream, lime juice, jalapenos, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Serve with grilled seafood.
Tomatillo Tartar Sauce: