You can make this salad with chicken or keep it vegetarian by adding chickpeas.
- 1 lb. orzo
- 4 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 c. grape tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz. feta
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. mint, chopped
- Chopped cooked chicken or 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- Mixed lettuce greens
- 2 lemons, zest and juice (about 1/3 c.)
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt and orzo and cook until al dente. Once it’s done, rinse it with cool water and let it drain thoroughly. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prep all the salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl, and whisk/shake until well combined.
- To the bowl with the orzo, add cucumbers through chicken/chickpeas.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve salad over mixed lettuce greens.
Lemon Orzo Salad with Chicken or Chickpeas: