The kiddos and I really enjoyed this broccoli salad. Steve not so much, but he doesn’t like these kinds of salads in general. It’s kind of like cole slaw but with broccoli instead of cabbage. The dressing and craisins bring a nice sweet contrast to the bacon and broccoli. The flavors just work. This is a great one for picnics and potlucks too.
- 8 c. fresh raw broccoli florets
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 c. cooked crumbled turkey bacon
- 1 c. craisins
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. light mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- In a large bowl combine broccoli through craisins.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, mayo and vinegar until smooth.
- Add dressing to the bowl and toss to coat and chill.