Ever since my Grandmother served me my first green salad with avocado in it when I was about 10, I was hooked for life. This salad is delicious and refreshing.
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 orange, sepremed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Balsamic vinaigrette of your choice
- To supreme the orange (or any citrus), slice off the ends until you reach the flesh. Place the flesh side on the cutting board, and from the top of the fruit, cut down to remove all rind and pith. Continue around the whole fruit. The flesh of the orange should be completely exposed on all sides.
- Hold the orange in one hand, and with the other hand, use your knife and locate the membranes that separate each flesh segment. Looking at the fruit find a membrane and slice just to the right of the membrane. Then find the next membrane to the right and slice just inside that membrane. Remove the orange segment. Sounds hard, but once you get the hang of it it’s pretty easy.
- In a large bowl, add greens, shallot, orange, tomatoes, and avocado, then dress and enjoy!
Salad with Avocado and Citrus: