Vegetarian Korean salad that will make your taste buds explode!
Note: if you can’t find the gochujang paste at your local Asian market, you can substitute Sriracha in lieu of the Spicy Gochujang Sauce.
- Mixed salad greens
- Brown rice, about 2 c. cooked
- Crispy baked tofu
- Korean Marinade and Sauce
- Fried Eggs (1-2 per person with salt and pepper)
- Cucumber and carrot salad (See below)
- Spicy Gochujang Sauce (See below)
Cucumber and Carrot Salad:
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 c. thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 c. shredded carrots
Spicy Gochujang Sauce:
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 4 TBSP gochujang paste
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- Prepare the Crispy Baked Tofu and then toss with Korean Marinade and Sauce.
- Cucumber and Carrot Salad: Combine all cucumber and carrot salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Chill until ready to use.
- Spicy Gochujang Sauce: Combine all Spicy Gochujang Sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Fry eggs.
- In individual salad bowls: add mixed greens; then add a scoop of brown rice on the side of the greens; then add a scoop of the Cucumber and Carrot Salad onto the greens; then add the Crispy Baked Tofu; then drizzle salad and rice with some of the Cucumber and Carrot Salad sauce and some of the Korean Marinade Sauce; then top the dish with fried egg(s); and then drizzle the Spicy Gochujang Sauce on top.