Adapted from Midwest Foodie.
- 16 oz. penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 TBSP fresh basil, chopped
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar, optional
- Toppings: Burrata cheese, capers, basil, and/or parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, parsley, basil, and add sugar if desired.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan, parsley, basil, capers, and burrata.