- 2 lbs. flank or sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. water
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 TBSP ginger, minced
- 4 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP cornstarch
- Green onions, sliced
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet, and when oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- In the Instant Pot, select saute and when it reaches HOT, add some oil; then add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef: