Recipe adapted from Modern Honey.
- 1 c. cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 c. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Sparkling crunch sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Drop dough onto light colored baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes (usually 11 minutes). Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with sparkling crunchy sugar.
Lemon Sugar Cookies: